Language & content Editing
English is the default language for most academic publication, especially at a Masters or PhD level. This can be challenging for non-native speakers. As a language and content editor I can help you structure your papers, develop your arguments, and persuade your audience.
I will concentrate on the story your research is designed to highlight (which means most work goes on the abstract, introduction, literature review and conclusion, as opposed to the methodology). However, your voice and style still matter. It is important that it is your ideas and voice which shines through, not mine.
You can request either language editing (grammar, idiomatic turn of phrase & topological errors), or content editing (framing of narrative & the strength of argument).
Yet I find it is rare that one does not bleed into the other. Language frames narrative; it constricts or frees the meaning of the content. I rarely do only language editing and may refuse the assignment after an initial read-through if I see that both, to my mind, are necessary.
My standard rate is 600SEK per hour. Since the work will depend heavily on the quality of the content submitted, the speed of my edit will vary. If you send me a sample, I’ll be able to give you a quote via email.
There is a surcharge for last minute jobs that require late night or weekend work. Billing is issued in SEK and via paypal.
Writing & Editing
Published Relationship/Sexuality Articles in Salon, Nerve, and Jezebel Section Editor: Harlot Magazine E-zine (Postmodern Parenting) 2010 – 2016: Weekly Huffington Post Blogger 2017 (Nov-Mar): Content Writer, The Body is Not An Apology (viral credits) – focus white folk, privilege, guilt, cowardice 2018: Set up of MetaModern Media & E-Zine (Target Market, Pissed-off Women (esp. Mums))
- The Husband Swap (May 2015, Thorntree Press US); Now under option for motion picture
- Lessons in Life to My Younger Self (May 2015, Thorntree Press US)
- Some Never Awaken (October 2016, Postmodern Woman Imprint, UK)
- A World in Us (May 2017, Thorntree Press, US)
- Necessary to Life (May 2017, Thorntree Press, US); Silver award winner for Autobiography of the Year, Indie Press
Academic Editing Samples
- A philosophy of Management Accounting, Routledge, 2017 (Chapter: ‘Orchestrating strategic co-authorship’ Baldvinsdottir, Heidarson)
- Behavior of organizational agents on Information Management,(Van de Pas, 2017) International Journal of information Management
- Speeding up Time-to-Market of IT Investments (Van der Pas, 2017) 10th IADIS International Conference on Information Systems 2017
2013-2019: Freelance Editor: Tales of the Enterprise (Enterprise Architecture Blog) 2014: Freelance Copywriter: Stark Corporate Communication, (Ericsson,Volvo/Renault campaigns)
Published Business/Politics Articles in Guardian, Inspired Economist, Digital Journal, Technorati, The Local, The Body is Not An Apology & Urban Times
2017-2019: MA Convergence Journalism with Business & Politics HMKW, Berlin (Thesis pending)